Most people have to perform velvet cleaning process at homes on a regular basis since it is one of the most commonly used fabrics for making clothes and upholstery. Velvet is a smooth material with superior qualities and it gives a beautiful look. However, like everything else, it also starts to get dirty over the course of time due to common use and environmental conditions. Velvet is also a sophisticated material, which means that special care is necessary in order to protect and clean the fabric. In this article, we will explain a velvet cleaning process with the help of which the readers will be able to clean the fabric at home while maintaining the level of special care required.
Supplies required to perform the cleaning process
Few supplies are necessary in order to perform the cleaning process depending upon the nature of the item that needs cleaning. In case, the velvet clothes have to be cleaned then the process will be different as compared to when velvet upholstery has to be cleaned. In this article, we will explain a process to clean velvet clothes since we have already explained the dry cleaning process, which is applicable for cleaning velvet upholstery. Some of the supplies required to perform the velvet cleaning process or as follows:
- Cleaning agent: In order to perform the process, various cleaning agents are available in the market. However, it is also possible to clean velvet using natural cleaners such as baking soda. Therefore, we recommend using baking soda in order to clean normal velvet clothes.
- Soft brush: There may be stains present on the clothes that need cleaning. Therefore, a soft brush will help remove these stains and restore an original look of the material.
Steps involved in the process to clean velvet
Make sure that all the supplies needed for performing the process are available. In case you have
selected a cleaning agent other than baking soda, we recommend ensuring that the cleaning agent
selected is suitable for cleaning velvet clothes. In case, the readers use baking soda for
performing the velvet cleaning process then we recommend preparing an appropriate solution,
which will help in obtaining effective results. Once the baking soda cleaning solution has been
prepared then the readers can start the velvet cleaning process. The steps involved are as below:
- In the first step, brush the items with the help of a soft brush. We also recommend using a lint-free cloth for the brushing purposes.
- Now, rinse the velvet clothes in water so that the dirt and dust particles present on it gets removed. This will also make it easy to apply the cleaning agent.
- Now, apply the cleaning solution on all parts of the item.
- With the help of the soft brush, rub those areas where stains are present or those areas, which require maximum attention.
- Continuing the process until the stains and dirt start to come off.
- Rinse the velvet item again with water in order to remove the cleaning agent residue.
- In the end, dry the item in the air or with the help of a dryer.